Title: Bookkeeper/Operations Manager
Position Start: July (full-time)
Location: Boston, MA
NEC is seeking a Bookkeeper/Operations Manager to ensure orderly bookkeeping and office management as well as the development and implementation of key financial functions across the organization, with particular attention to general ledger activities. The position will report to our Operations Director and work closely with staff across the organization, including the President and the Treasurer, and outside consultants, as needed. The right candidate will have the opportunity to quickly expand and increase responsibilities. This is a full-time position, though strong applications for part-time employment may also be considered.
- Office Management: Maintain a functional office space and remote offices, as needed
- Administrative Support: Provide executive and Board assistance, including President’s travel planning, in coordination with agents and Development Director; work with senior leadership across the organization on special projects; assist in overall administrative projects for the organization as needed.
- Bookkeeping: Post all transactions to General Ledger, including Accounts Payable, income processing, credit card charges, donations, and recurring journal entries.
- Financial Management: Ensure the efficient management of the organization financial key areas; prepare monthly financial reporting, month-end closing, and account reconciliations; support audit preparation; track grant expenditures for internal reporting; daily communication with vendors, volunteers and staff members.
- Basic HR functions: Maintain all payroll and contractor paperwork; maintain evaluation and review schedule; help with Intern and volunteer coordination.
- Operations (other): Maintain organizational files and all business records of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills. Attention to detail is a must. You need the ability to manage time well, establish realistic deadlines, and meet them consistently.
- Demonstrated commitment to the New Economy Coalition’s mission and values and the emerging New Economy movement.
- Minimum of two years of bookkeeping or direct financial/general ledger experience: We prefer a candidate with knowledge of nonprofit finances, who is comfortable both managing paperwork and analyzing numbers.
- Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks is required.
- A background in data analysis and financial reporting.
- Ability to work independently, being proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions.
To Apply : Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working for the New Economy Coalition! At the moment, there are no other open positions. If you are interested in working for us in the future, please submit your CV/resume for our review as job opportunities become available.