On the eve of the People’s Climate March, Metro DC DSA is proud to host Building the Green Economy, a panel discussion on the intersections of economic and environmental justice. Is a meaningful reduction in carbon emissions possible under capitalism? What are the political obstacles to a fair, ecologically-sustainable society? Join us for an evening of invigorating discussion with environmentalists, activists, and academics.
- Gar Alperovitz: Co-Founder of the Democracy Collaborative and the Next System Project
- Shirley Fiske: Environmental and Policy Anthropologist, Professor at University of Maryland
- Jacqui Patterson: Director of the NAACP Climate and Environmental Justice Program
- Eugene Puryear: Stop Police Terror Project DC, Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Margaret Klein Salamon: Clinical Psychologist, Co-Founder of The Climate Mobilization
The event will be moderated by Metro DC DSA member Sam Knight (Journalist, Co-Founder The District Sentinel podcast).
6:30pm: Doors open at Friends Meeting of Washington (2111 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008).
7:00pm: Panel takes place.
9:15pm: Open house at the DC DSA Office (1301 Connecticut Avenue NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC 20036). Join us for conversation and refreshments!