This event will explore and explain how we can shift direction – environmentally, economically, and spiritually – from a globalized system of exploitation, inequality, and environmental degradation toward local cultures and economies that support renewal, resilience, and human and planetary well being.
The conference will include lectures and panel discussions as well as music, art, and ceremony. Conference attendees – expected to number as many as 450, including activists, educators, students, public policy makers, entrepreneurs, and business leaders – can expect ample opportunity for interaction with one another and with faculty during the three-day program.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Charles Eisenstein, author of Sacred Economics and The Ascent of Humanity
- Arvol Lookinghorse, author of White Buffalo Teachings
- Winona LaDuke, executive director of Honor the Earth
- Judy Wicks, co-founder of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE)
- Helena Norberg-Hodge, Founder and Director of Local Futures, author of Ancient Futures and producer of The Economics of Happiness
- ...and many more.
Local Futures is organizing this conference in collaboration with Reconnect-Today, a local New Mexico organization which works with writers, educators, artists, activists, healing initiatives, and other organizations in alignment with the mission of reconnecting with each other and our communities. Local Futures is a pioneer organization within the new economy movement, dedicated to the renewal of community, ecological health and local economies worldwide.