Co-organized by Local Futures, BALE (Building A Local Economy), Vermonters for a New Economy, Sustainable Future Fund of the Vermont Community Foundation, New England Resilience and Transition Network, and the New Economy Law Center, this two-day conference will feature keynote addresses from:
- Frances Moore Lappé, author of Diet For a Small Planet and founder and director of Small Planet Institute
- Jonathan Rosenthal, Executive Director of the New Economy Coalition and co-founder of Equal Exchange
- Sherri Mitchell, Founder and Director of the Land Peace Foundation
- Chuck Collins, Senior Policy Analyst of the Institute for Policy Studies
- Helena Norberg-Hodge, Founder and Director of Local Futures, author of Ancient Futures and producer of The Economics of Happiness
Through talks and breakout sessions, the conference will cover food and farming, energy, education, finance and banking, local business, equity and justice, democracy, media, and more. In addition, there will be a focus on adaptations to this region’s climate and resources by both its indigenous cultures and the farmers and artisans of more recent immigrant cultures.