After a year filled with twists and turns that none of us expected, the dual pandemics of COVID-19 and racial injustice have left our country reeling and left many of us more committed than ever to crafting a new, more equitable economy. The graduates of this year’s Start.coop accelerator program are at the forefront of this movement and have spent the last 6 months building cooperatively-owned businesses all across the economy.
Join us, Friday October 9th, for The People's Pitch, a graduation event with pitches from our entrepreneurs and voting by YOU to determine which start-ups are awarded funds from the $10,000 graduation prize pool.
- 40 Acre Co-op: Black-led cooperative advancing innovative agriculture and technology for socially disadvantaged farmers nationwide.
- Ampled: Patreon-like platform that allows fans to directly support their favorite musicians collectively owned by artists and workers.
- Money Positive: Unscary financial planning for everyone.
- Tootie’s Tempeh: Tasty, ready-to-cook, and sustainably made tempeh that supports local agriculture everywhere.
- Turning Basin Labs: Connecting temporary workers to the benefits of permanent employment.
- Uproot Homes: Unlocking homeownership for active duty service members.