SUMMARY OF POSITION
The New Economy Coalition (NEC) seeks a talented facilitative leader to help support, grow, and enrich our network of over 140 organizations working to build an economy that puts people and planet first. This position will play a critical role in tapping the collaborative potential of allied, but often siloed, groups involved in imagining, campaigning for, and building a New Economy.
The Network Organizer will work as part of a collaborative and dynamic programs team and will report to NEC’s Manager of Coalition Engagement.
Primary responsibilities include supporting a culture of member to member connectivity, collaboration, and leadership, ensuring the provision of high-quality member services, maintaining healthy ongoing communication between staff and network members, supporting the growth of network membership, and contributing to ongoing organizational learning and development.
The job is full-time. Proximity to either NEC’s main office in Boston, MA or secondary office in Brooklyn, NY is preferred.
NEC aims to fill this position by May 1, 2016, with a start date by May 15, 2016.
NEC aspires to build an inclusive and liberatory organization. We value having a diversity of life experiences, identities and perspectives on our staff. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Network Organizer will…
Support a culture of connectivity, collaboration, and member leadership by:
- Contributing to the planning and execution of major events including the CommonBound conference and annual members’ meeting.
- Supporting the development and upkeep of working groups within the coalition.
- Supporting the development and upkeep of new communication and collaboration infrastructure.
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration or peer learning between members and serving as a matchmaker/network weaver.
Ensure the provision of high-quality services for members by:
- Maintaining the member events calendar on NEC’s website.
- Working with the membership director and communications team to develop and implement new website elements such as a coalition jobs page and resources page.
- Working with the communications team to ensure that inspiring stories from our membership reach broad audiences through traditional media, social media, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Assisting in the development of trainings, webinars, and regional meet-ups when appropriate.
Maintain healthy communication between NEC staff and members by:
- Learning about our members, attending their events, building relationships with their staff, and working to understand their unique needs.
- Assisting in the implementation of member surveys and other data-gathering and evaluation projects.
- Compiling regular email updates for the membership including information about NEC programs, developments within the coalition, and news from across the network.
- Maintaining systems such as salesforce for tracking member information and engagement.
Support the growth of NEC membership by:
- Contributing to the process of mapping the network, analyzing gaps and recruiting new members.
- Participating in informational and onboarding conversations with groups that approach NEC about joining the coalition.
Contribute to organizational learning and development by:
- Staying current on relevant trends and research in network theory, community organizing, social movements, solidarity economics, climate justice and just transition, and other relevant discourses.
- Participating in staff-wide training and planning processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commitment to the New Economy Coalition's mission and work.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in the responsibilities of the position
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Meticulous with details and facts.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Willing to work in collaborative teams.
- Willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others.
- Commitment to building a culture of mutual accountability, liberation, and respect.
May 15, 2016.
We will consider a candidate's full range of educational, professional, and life-experience. We do not require that candidates possess any specific degrees or levels of formal educational attainment.
Full time (~40hr/wk)
SALARY RANGE (annual, U.S. $)
$38,000+, Salary will be competitive with other nonprofit organizations and commensurate with experience.
Full benefits include:
4 weeks of vacation per year
All federal holidays
100% NEC paid individual health and dental insurance, Life/AD&D, short and long-term disability
SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with contributions of up to 3% of salary matched by NEC
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application, including a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample, here.
Contact mike [at] neweconomy.net with any questions.