Solidarity Economy St. Louis is a network of social justice organizations, small businesses, and individuals striving to build and grow a solidarity economy; that is, an economy that embodies the values of social justice, ecological sustainability, mutualism, cooperation, democracy, and innovation while resisting the notion of every person for themselves.
Solidarity Economy St. Louis aims to:
1. Make the solidarity economy practices that already exist in St. Louis more visible.
2. Be a place where people and organizations already engaged in the solidarity economy can share best practices, collaborate on joint projects, and mutually support each other in our pursuit of a more just economy.
3. Lead campaigns that build long-term economic and political power and win resources for the solidarity economy.
4. Function as an outreach and recruitment mechanism for existing solidarity economy initiatives.
5. Inspire and support the development of new solidarity economy initiatives