Check out the video below for information and resources that you can use individually or in your cities or institutions to move capital. The webinar includes specific ideas you will be able to implement immediately, as well as discussion of long-term organizing opportunities.
Many thanks to our speakers, who shared a wealth of knowledge and resources with us.
Here are some of the key resources from our team at the New Economy Coalition:
- A recording of the last week's presentation. Please share widely: What Can We Do To Move Our Money, Today?
- New Economy Coalition: Move Your Money Resource: Overview of NEC's members who are working on divest-reinvest, public banking, community banking, ethical investments, etc…
- Sign-up to recieve our bi-weekly newsletters and stay up to date on the new economy.
Resources shared by Jackie Fielder, Mazaska Talks
Resources shared by Annie McShiras, Self-Help Credit Union
- "Break Up With Your Mega-Bank" Directory: Comprehensive directory of community banks, credit unions, ethical banks, etc…
- Defund DAPL: Banking Alternatives
- National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions: CDCUs are more receptive to the needs of low wealth communities and so we advocate for folks to consider CDCUs instead of any old credit union.
- Credit Union Coop Network Page: This link takes you to the Co-op Network page, which allows members of credit unions access and ATM/shared branch services of other credit unions through the “Coop Shared Branch Network”.
Resources shared by Emma Guttman-Slater, Beneficial State Foundation: